[Wrf-users] GDAS (FNL) dataset

Chang Ki Kim 62beatle at yonsei.ac.kr
Tue Dec 9 21:15:49 MST 2008

Dear all,

Hi.
I'm trying to find the PBL height over the Yellow Sea with GDAS (FNL) dataset.
I'm not sure it is proper to ask this question to this mailing list but I have to do it.

I've known that there are several definition to define the PBL height.
Especially, some methodologies are applied to calculate it in stable condition such as wind profile or temperature profile.

I want to know how the PBL height provided from GDAS (FNL) is calculated.

If anybody know it, please let me know.

Chang Ki Kim.

Cloud Physics Laboratory
Department of Atmospheric Sciences
Yonsei University

134 Shinchon-dong, Seodaemun-gu, Seoul 120-749, Korea
Mobile:+82-10-4123-2453
Tel:+82-2-2123-7613
Fax:+82-2-365-5163
e-mail: 62beatle at yonsei.ac.kr