[Wrf-users] ideal simulation over homogeneous surface

jagabandhu panda jagabandhu at gmail.com
Thu Oct 16 06:34:18 MDT 2008

 Dear Sir/Madam:

I am worry about an ideal simulation over a homogeneous surface. Is any one
working on the impact of underlying land-surface on mesoscale circulation
features? Kindly, tell me the way in which we can have a homogeneous surface
in a domain for real case study.

Does it mean:

(i) The surface without topography and with uniform soil, uniform roughness,
uniform vegetation and uniform landuse?
or
(ii) The surface with topography but with uniform vegetation, uniform
roughness and uniform albedo?

 How can we have a surface with uniform albedo or uniform roughness which
remains constant irrespective of time while the model simulates a real case
by using WRF V2.1 and USGS data for terrestrial and landuse as input to
WRFSI?
Can we make it by editing *landuse.tbl* or *vegparam.tbl* ? As per my
analysis, we can edit *soilparam.tbl* to use a uniform soil. Is it correct?
However, we do not get uniform albedo and roughness over all places as I
look into the plots for albedo and roughness even if we take uniform landuse
or vegetation by editing the table. Kindly tell me how can we have a surface
with constant roughness and albedo irrespective of time.
I will really be grateful for this help from any one here. Thanks in
advance........

with warm regards
-- Jagabandhu
##################################