[Wrf-users] put srtm data in geogrid

mehran khodamorad mkhodamorad at gmail.com
Wed Sep 3 23:44:28 MDT 2008

Dear all
I have some question about putting SRTM's DEM (Digital Elevation
Model) in geogrid and i know it need to be converted to binary geogrid
format and i have to use writting_geogrid.c and reading_geogrid.c in
geogrid/src, but i dont know how i can use these program.could anybody
tell me please, if i can use them directly in wrf that i mean i should
write filename,nx,ny,...other parameters somewhere in wrf or i can use
these program out of wrf  ?
Another question is about index file , i dont know where i can write
index file? is it a separate file or must be put it on the file in
wps?
Many Thanks in advance
I look forward to hearing from you
Regards