[Wrf-users] WPP SMPar compile issue

Gerardo Cisneros gerardo at sgi.com
Tue Aug 19 08:07:24 MDT 2008

On Tue, 19 Aug 2008, jcrosby wrote:

> Alright, I gave a look though the WRFV3 configure.wrf file and confirmed
> that the omp and ompcpp flags are set and set in LDFLAGS
>
> OMPCPP          =        -D_OPENMP
> OMP             =        -openmp -fpp -auto
> LDFLAGS         =    $(OMP) $(FCFLAGS) $(LDFLAGS_LOCAL)
>
> However WPP is still throwing off the error:
> /smpar_compile/WRFV3/main/libwrflib.a(module_tiles.o): In function
> `module_tiles_mp_set_tiles2_':
> module_tiles.f90:(.text+0x1c8a): undefined reference to
> `omp_get_max_threads_'
>
> When it tries to create the wrfpost.exe.  copygb.exe and ndate.exe did
> compile and do work.

What is happening then is that the LDFLAGS from configure.wrf
isn't being used in the makefile rule that links wrfpost.exe.

Perhaps wrfpost.exe is intended to be built as a serial
executable only?

Saludos,

Gerardo
--
Dr. Gerardo Cisneros	|SGI (Silicon Graphics, S.A. de C.V.)
Scientist             	|Av. Vasco de Quiroga 3000, Col. Santa Fe