[Wrf-users] WPP SMPar compile issue

Gerardo Cisneros gerardo at sgi.com
Mon Aug 18 12:34:36 MDT 2008

On Mon, 18 Aug 2008, jcrosby wrote:
> While trying to compile the WPPV3 using a version of WRF I have compiled
> with ifort/icc and SMPar I get the following error:
>
> /smpar_compile/WRFV3/main/libwrflib.a(module_tiles.o): In function
> `module_tiles_mp_set_tiles2_':
> module_tiles.f90:(.text+0x1c8a): undefined reference to
> `omp_get_max_threads_'
>
> Serial compile worked fine and we are currently testing it.
>
> I have installed openmpi-1.2.2 on the machine using ifort and the make
> check for it says it has passed all the tests.

Do not confuse OpenMP with OpenMPI.  The former is the
directive-based shared-memory parallelism standard,
usually requiring compiler support.  The latter is
just one of many MPI implementations and has nothing
to do with the former.

> Any ideas?

For some reason your link command is missing the "-openmp"
option that tells the compiler to add to the list of
libraries to link those that are required for OpenMP
support.  You may have to edit your configure.wrf file
to add it by hand.

Saludos,

Gerardo
--
Dr. Gerardo Cisneros	|SGI (Silicon Graphics, S.A. de C.V.)
Scientist             	|Av. Vasco de Quiroga 3000, Col. Santa Fe