[Wrf-users] Re: WPPV3 ifort compile errors

Gerardo Cisneros gerardo at sgi.com
Wed Aug 13 09:00:06 MDT 2008

On Wed, 13 Aug 2008, jcrosby wrote:
> Ok, thanks to some folks that sent me links and lines that needed to be
> changed in the wrfpost.exe makefile.  I got that to compile.  But I'm
> getting a run error now.
>
> Error:
> Fatal Error: This program was not built to run on the processor in your
> system.
> The allowed processors are: Intel(R) Core(TM) Duo processors and
> compatible Intel processors with supplemental Streaming SIMD Extensions
> 3 (SSSE3) instruction support.
>
> Any ideas?

What type of processors does your system have?

Your "-xT" option is not appropriate if your
processors aren't the more recent Woodcrest,
Clovertown, Harpertown or Wolfdale.  (See the
ifort man page.)

You may have to do a full rebuild with "-xW"
instead of "-xT".

Saludos,

Gerardo
--
Dr. Gerardo Cisneros	|SGI (Silicon Graphics, S.A. de C.V.)
Scientist             	|Av. Vasco de Quiroga 3000, Col. Santa Fe