[Wrf-users] IS WRF-VAR GOING TO CHANGE?

infvca00 at estudiantes.unileon.es infvca00 at estudiantes.unileon.es
Thu Jul 24 05:47:09 MDT 2008

Hello everybody,

Having a look at this:

http://www.mmm.ucar.edu/wrf/users/docs/user_guide_V3/users_guide_chap6.htm#Download

you may realise how the workflow of the WRF-Var module has changed and
also its method of installation due to this older reference:

http://www.mmm.ucar.edu/wrf/users/docs/user_guide_V3/Attic/users_guide_chap6.htm

Does anybody have an idea of what is happening? I know that WRF-Var is
being continuosly improved since it doesn't support nesting yet but, Is it
to appear a new version soon? Could someone explain me which type of
module is "OBSGRID" that seems to alter the traditional flow chart of WRF?

Have a look:

http://www.mmm.ucar.edu/wrf/users/docs/user_guide_V3/users_guide_chap1_files/image002.jpg

vs

http://www.mmm.ucar.edu/wrf/users/docs/user_guide_V3/Attic/users_guide_chap1_files/image002.png

I'm developing an automated forecasting system based on WRF and the last
milestone is the WRF-VAR and the introduction of real observations to the
model. I urgently need to be informed of any change in WRF-Var in order to
make a decision about continuing with the old flow of WRF-Var or just wait
for a new version.

I'll wait for your answers.
Thanks in advance.
Víctor