[Wrf-users] Writing wrfout files at the end of simulations, not during?

Erick van Rijk vanrijk at apple.com
Sun May 4 15:25:09 MDT 2008

Hello everybody.

I'm trying to get a good feel how the namelists work and I was doing
some diffwrf when I play with the history_interval and the
frames_per_outfile.
What I noticed is that when I let one example run complete with with
frames_per_outfile=1000 and the history_interval greater than the
total runtime and compare that with an wrfoutfile that came from the
same config but one i manually aborted that they are exactly the same.
The conclusion is that in this case the first write of wrfout is
preserved and nothing else.

What I'm interested in is having in run for a period of time without
accessing the I/O and finally writing the result to 1 wrfout file.
Is the best way to do this setting the frames_per_outfile high and
only have the history_interval set to the last minute of the run, so
that it writes out to file at the end of the simulation?

Thanks

Erick