[Wrf-users] enquire.

=?gb2312?B?wu3T8bfSIMLt?= mayf21044 at yahoo.com.cn
Wed Apr 9 01:41:02 MDT 2008

Dear wrf-users,
I'm writing to enquire you something about WRF-3DVAR system.

To prepare the observational data to be absorb by WRF3DVAR system, I cd into the 3DVAR_OBSPROC inventory and edit the namelist.3dvar_obs file, here attatched the first two records:
&record1
 obs_gts_filename = '/tara/dmbarker/tutorial/test_data/ob.little_r',
 fg_format        = 'WRF',
 obs_err_filename = 'obserr.txt',
/
&record2
 time_window_min  = '2003-01-01_10:00:00',
 time_analysis    = '2003-01-01_12:00:00',
 time_window_max  = '2003-01-01_14:00:00',
I've set all this options above correctly and successfully creat a obs_gts.3dvar file for WRFVAR. In this case, the data to be assimilate is cloud-drift-wind data the observational time interval is 6 hours, so I only need to change this record in namelist.3dvar_obs file:
obs_gts_filename = '/tara/dmbarker/tutorial/test_data/ob.little_r',
When I tried to prepare CHAMT DATA (wetprf), the time interval of which is far shorter, sometimes only several minutes, I am wondering how should I set the  obs_gts_filename  option while my assimilation window (3 hours) is much longer than the data time interval? and has the program 3dvar_obs.exe itself already automatically processed all these data files that are inside the fixed time window?

I'm eagerly looking forward to your kind reply as well as invaluable instructions. Thanks in advance.
Best wishes.
Sincerly yours,
Yufen Ma
 Yufen Ma
Nanjing University of Information Science & Technology
Box602
Nanjing, Jiangsu, 210044.
China
mayf21044 at yahoo.com.cn