[Wrf-users] gcc and gfortran builds?

Davide Cittaro daweonline at gmail.com
Fri Feb 29 07:59:45 MST 2008

Hi Jan

On Feb 29, 2008, at 2:48 PM, Jan Ploski wrote:

> This page may be helpful:
>
> https://bi.offis.de/wisent/tiki-index.php?page=WRF-gFortran

Great! Thanks so much!

> However, note that I've had some significant differences in the output
> between gfortran and PGI, so be careful to check the results after
> you've
> built the code. I think g75 is officially supported (may be better),
> but
> don't know about OpenMP in it. Based on my experience, the OpenMP
> version
> of WRF seems to scale up poorly compared to MPI. For example:
>
> https://srvgrid01.offis.uni-oldenburg.de/wrf-benchmark/case.pl?case=conus12km_2001

Very interesting benchmark, I will keep it in mind.
Since MPI seems to perform better, are you aware of different MPI
implementations performance with WRF? Supposing I can use MPICH, LAM/
MPI or OpenMPI (I'm not sure if I can do this), is there a recommended
one?

Thanks again

Davide Cittaro
daweonline at gmail.com