[Wrf-users] Experiences with high-resolution WRF-ARW

David Ovens ovens at atmos.washington.edu
Wed Feb 27 14:59:53 MST 2008

Eric,

I am sure others can state this more precisely, but I would think your
problem is your use of "real terrain".  That sounds like you have not
smoothed the terrain.  You still need to remove 2*dx waves from your
terrain or risk CFL errors.

David
David Ovens		 e-mail: ovens at atmos.washington.edu
Research Meteorologist    phone: (206) 685-8108
Dept of Atm. Sciences      plan: Real-time MM5 forecasting for the
Box 351640                        Pacific Northwest
University of Washington          http://www.atmos.washington.edu/mm5rt
Seattle, WA  98195               Weather Graphics and Loops
                                  http://www.atmos.washington.edu/~ovens/loops