[Wrf-users] Job Announcement: Modeling Position with State of Texas

Doug Boyer DBoyer at tceq.state.tx.us
Wed Jan 30 10:56:29 MST 2008

Job Announcement: http://www.tceq.state.tx.us/assets/public/admin/jobs/docs/08123.pdf

The Texas Commission on Environmental Quality (TCEQ) Air Modeling and Data Analysis (AMDA) Section is seeking an experienced scientist/engineer to join its State Implementation Plan (SIP) modeling team.  We're looking for a candidate familiar with emission inventory, meteorological, and/or photochemical modeling but others with relevant scientific experience will be strongly considered.  Four years of experience is required and applications will be accepted through Feb 7.  Please see the job posting (#08123 - Air Quality) on the TCEQ employment website for more details.

The TCEQ AMDA team conducts modeling activities for Texas nonattainment areas to support the Federal and Texas Clean Air Acts.  We use state-of-the-science models, employ cutting edge modeling techniques, and interact with leaders in the air quality field.  Our team members are nationally respected for their SIP modeling expertise.

The position is located in Austin, Texas.  Austin, on the edge of the Texas Hill-country, consistently ranks as one of the best places to live (Wikipedia, About.com).

Interested parties may contact myself or Zarena Post (512 239-1332, zpost at tceq.state.tx.us) for additional information.

Doug Boyer

Doug Boyer
Texas Commission on Environmental Quality
Air Quality Division
(512) 239-1523
dboyer at tceq.state.tx.us