[Wrf-users] run-time error in WRF-ARW and WRF-NMM (Itanium2 processor, ifort/icc, Intel MPI, RSL_LITE configuration)

Gustafson, William I william.gustafson at pnl.gov
Wed Nov 7 13:57:17 MST 2007

Sorry for the vagueness. Yes, this is on an Itanium Linux cluster in the
EMSL building at Pacific Northwest National Laboratory. The cluster is from
HP and called mpp2, for those aware of it. Some of the kernel software is
custom, which also may be causing some of the issues.

-Bill

On 11/7/07 12:31 PM, "Gerardo Cisneros" <gerardo at sgi.com> wrote:

> Bill,
>
> You wrote:
>> I too have been unsuccessful with WRF on an Ifort + Itanium based
>> machine. [...]
>
> I hope you mean "cluster" or "non-SGI machine".  A lot of
> SGI Altix users and myself have been running various versions
> of WRF on Itanium2/ifort/icc/Linux for several years with
> little to no trouble, doing runs on anywhere from 1 to
> 4096 processors.
>
> Saludos,
>
> Gerardo

William I. Gustafson Jr.
Atmospheric Science and Global Change Division
Pacific Northwest National Laboratory
3200 Q Ave., MSIN K9-30
Richland, WA 99352
(509)372-6110