[Wrf-users] run-time error in WRF-ARW and WRF-NMM (Itanium2processor, ifort/icc, Intel MPI, RSL_LITE configuration)

Gerardo Cisneros gerardo at sgi.com
Wed Nov 7 13:41:38 MST 2007

On Wed, 7 Nov 2007, Gustafson, William I wrote:
> We tried both with and without the endian flag. The input netcdf files are
> fine, since we can do an ncdump and get the correct values that way. [...]

NetCDF is entirely transparent to any endianness setting,
but some of the auxiliary files (*_DATA) are not netCDF
and therefore require that either "-convert big_endian"
be used when compiling or that "F_UFMTENDIAN" be set to
"big" when running.  The endianness setting would also
affect files read or written in the "native WRF binary"
mode ("1").

Saludos,

Gerardo
--
Dr. Gerardo Cisneros	|SGI (Silicon Graphics, S.A. de C.V.)
Scientist             	|Av. Vasco de Quiroga 3000, Col. Santa Fe