[Wrf-users] visualizing WRF ouput with Vis5D on WIN XP

Gareth Berry gareth at atmos.albany.edu
Thu Oct 18 08:56:11 MDT 2007

Hi Roberto,

As an alternative to using Vis5d on a windows machine to view WRF output, I
suggest that you might like to take a look at the integrated data viewer from
unidata:

http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/idv/

There are windows xp executables available (plus many others) and it can handle
v5d files in much the same way as vis5d. I've also been able to view my WRF
output directly from the netcdf files (Although I don't think that is quite
perfect yet as doesn't work with certain map projections properly).

All the best,

Gareth.