[Wrf-users] Bug Fix for 3DVAR_OBSPROC]

Brent L Shaw bshaw at wdtinc.com
Mon Oct 1 12:18:41 MDT 2007

WRF Users,

Yong-Run Guo pointed out that I was incorrectly specifying NESTIX and
NESTJX in the 3DVAR_OBSPROC namelist.  If you remember to follow the MM5
convention of NESTIX being the south->north direction, and NESTJX being
west->east, then the changes I posted last week for 3DVAR_OBSPROC are
not required.    If you make the changes I proposed, then NESTIX and
NESTJX should follow the standard WRF definition instead.

Sorry for the confusion!  The bottom line is that you must be a bit more
careful to read the details about the namelist values in NCAR's
instructions than I was!

Thanks to Yong-Run and Dale Barker for looking into this.

Brent