[Wrf-users] truble with running WRF-NMM core

z3211355 at student.unsw.edu.au z3211355 at student.unsw.edu.au
Mon Sep 24 19:37:21 MDT 2007

Hi all,

1- I compiled WPS and ran it successfully . However, now I am trying to run
WRF-NMM core 'real_nmm.exe' on matrix which is group of CPUs connected togather
in the unversity I am studying at but it failes and gives me the message below:

 "It seems that there is no lamd running on the host matrix.

This indicates that the LAM/MPI runtime environment is not operating.
The LAM/MPI runtime environment is necessary for MPI programs to run
(the MPI program tired to invoke the "MPI_Init" function).

Please run the "lamboot" command the start the LAM/MPI runtime
environment.  See the LAM/MPI documentation for how to invoke
"lamboot" across multiple machines."

And as well the file 'rsl.error.0000'contains this text:

taskid: 0 hostname: matrix
 call initial_config
 FATAL CALLED FROM FILE:  module_configure.b  LINE:     136
 module_configure: initial_config: error reading namelist

2- I am wondering if the namelist.wps file in WPS directory should  be editted
because it is compiled without doing that, or not necessary.

Many thanks
Ibrahim
University of New South Walse
Australia