[Wrf-users] WRF problem with PGI compiler?

Kemp, Eric M. Eric.Kemp at ngc.com
Wed Jul 11 11:59:02 MDT 2007

Dear wrf-users:

The "Known Problems and Fixes" page mentions users of PGI Fortran 90 compilers 6.1-1, 6.1-2, and 6.1-3
"may experience problem with running WRF code."  Are there more specific details available?

I'm using PGI 6.1-1 for WPS/WRFV2.2 with MPICH/RSL-LITE on an Opteron cluster, and I am encountering CFL violations and p4_errors possibly involving semaphores (WRFSI/WRF 2.1 works fine).  I'd like to rule out any other causes (say, switching from WRFSI to WPS, etc.) before ordering the new compiler.

Thanks,

Eric Kemp
Northrop Grumman Corporation/TASC