[Wrf-users] Radiation spectrum from GSFC scheme to Surface Driver?

unarayan at MIT.EDU unarayan at MIT.EDU
Wed Jun 27 10:06:12 MDT 2007

Hello WRF users,

I am interested in obtaining direct and diffuse shortwave radiation in
uv+visible and IR channels as is computed in the GSFC shortwave radiation
scheme but returned to the Radiation driver as an aggregate GSW (total
shortwave). How can i return the variables -
flx,flc,flxu,flxd,fdiruv,fdifuv,fdirpar,fdifpar - from module_ra_gsfcsw ? I
need to pass these variables to a modified lsm. I can declare temporary
variables in solve_em and modify the radiation driver as well as
module_ra_gsfcsw code but i am looking for a Registry based solution, if
possible. Any help in this matter will be greatly appreciated.

Regards,
Ujjwal Narayan.