[Wrf-users] Transfering soil data to output

Thorsten Beisiegel tbeisiegel at unal.edu.co
Wed Jun 20 07:55:42 MDT 2007

Dear users,

I wonder how to transfer soil data from wrfinput to wrfout* files. I noticed that problem while trying to use WRF output as input for a subsequent run.
I put "i012rhd" in the 8th column of Registry.EM for the variables ST000010, ST010200, SM000010 and SM010200 made ./clean and compiled the model. Nevertheless running the model all these variables appear with 0 values for the whole grid in the wrfout* files. Using those files as input for a new run obviously LSM schemes do not work for lack of input data.
What did I omit?

Many thanks

Thorsten