[Wrf-users] Completing a wrf simulation, then a "pseudo-forecast"

Alan Gadian a_gadian at hotmail.co.uk
Fri Jun 15 17:07:47 MDT 2007

Hello

We are new to WRF, and we are asking about an optimal way of completing a simulation
and a "forecast".  Any help will be much appreciated.

The object is to use a twin domain job, initialising and interpolating on the
outer domain using the 06:00, 12:00 and 18:00 NCEP boundary conditions.  The wish is
to resimulate the days flow, and then continue for a 24 hour forecast
up to 18:00 for the follwing day.  This is intended for a short field experiment in July.

Method  (a) would be to try to run the model from 06:00 to 18:00 on day one; then
complete a restart, and do a "forecast" fot the following day.
Method (b) would be to ask if it is possible to do a real run from 06P00 to 18:00 on
day one , and then somhow modify the code / namelists to continue for the next 24hours.  This does not
look possible, or good!, and as we don't know the code.
Method (c) would be to complete the run for day one from 06:00 to 18:99, and then
try to obtain NCEP forecast fields (we don't even know if this is possible or has been competed
before)

We should be grateful for any suggestions regarding an optimal solution for this.

Thanks
Alan & Paul