[Wrf-users] vertical cross section of vorticity from wrf output

ashish no routray ashishroutray at rediffmail.com
Tue Apr 10 22:46:21 MDT 2007

Dear All
Can you give idea how to plot vertical cross section (meridional and zonal) of vorticity from wrf output?
I can able to calculate vorticity through Grads using curl(u,v)after postprocessing the wrf output by wrf2grads but when I fixed either latitude or longitude varying with pressure levels, it could not able to calculate the vorticity. The error showing X and Y should vary.
Please give suggestion to plot the vertical cross section of vorticity from wrf output through grads or NCL graphics pacakage. It will be highly appreciable if you share your scripts to plot the vertical cross section of vorticity.

Thanks in advance

Ashish