[Wrf-users] Temp discontinuity in Initial data set

Simone Marras simone.marras at bsc.es
Thu Mar 29 04:01:37 MDT 2007

Good morning, I notice that I always obtain a discontinuity in the Temperature
field (see image attached) at time 1.000 of my simulation.

I view my wrfout_* data and when the physics evolves the discontinuity goes
smoothing, but I wonder why the first data have it.
Can it be related to the way metgrid.exe in WPS interpolates? The
discontinuity is also present in the met_em.d0* files generated from
metgrid.exe

Attached you can find the image to have an idea of what I am talking about.
The discontinuity seems to appear only in the Temperature fields (T and SST)

Best regards and thank you in advance

Simone

--
Simone Marras, Ph.D. Student
BSC & Universitat Politecnica de Catalunya