[Wrf-users] Compilation issues with NMM core (WRF 2.2)

Dubtsov, Roman S roman.s.dubtsov at intel.com
Fri Jan 26 03:58:21 MST 2007

Dear wrf users,

I'm trying to build WRF2.2 with NMM core using Intel compiler. There seems
to be some syntax error in read_nmm.F file from dyn_nmm/ directory. The
message I get is
---------------------------------------
fortcom: Error: read_nmm.f90, line 13: Conflicting attributes or multiple
declaration of name.   [NTSD]
,lu_index,lu_mask,lmh,lmv,hbm2,hbm3,vbm2,vbm3,sm,sice,htm,vtm,ntsd,nstart_ho
ur,pd,pd_b,pd_bt,fis,res,t,t_b,t_bt,q,q_b,q_bt,u,u_b, &
--------------------------------------------------------------^
fortcom: Error: read_nmm.f90, line 1452: The same dummy argument appears
multiple times in a single argument list.   [NTSD]
,lu_index,lu_mask,lmh,lmv,hbm2,hbm3,vbm2,vbm3,sm,sice,htm,vtm,ntsd,nstart_ho
ur,pd,pd_b,pd_bt,fis,res,t,t_b,t_bt,q,q_b,q_bt,u,u_b, &
--------------------------------------------------------------^
compilation aborted for read_nmm.f90 (code 1)
The error is easy to fix: ntsd is both mentioned as a parameter for
med_read_nmm in read_nmm.F and ntsd is in the list of parameters generated
from registry. When I remove ntsd from the list of parameters in read_nmm.F,
everything compiles just fine.

Moreover, med_read_nmm, is never called, which is rather strange :) So you
might consider removing this file completely.

Best regards,
Roman Dubtsov