[Wrf-users] Using obs_nudge with fdda option

eddycarl at 126.com eddycarl at 126.com
Sat Jan 6 06:35:59 MST 2007

Dear all,

I wish to use some gts data to do the obs_nudging provided in WRFV2.2 model. Following the instruction, I firstly process the gts data to the format that the LITTLE_R (in MM5) can accept(6 hourly), then use the RT_fdda_reformat_obsnud.pl program to generate the .obsnud file. After renaming the .obsnud file to OBS_DOMAIN101 ... ,I add into the namelist the &fdda section to activate fdda. However, though I have set the obs_ipf_errob, obs_ipf_nudob & obs_ipf_in4dob to be .true. ,there aren't any information about processing the obs data in rsl.erro.0000 or rsl.out.0000 etc. So I wonder is it working or not? Anyone have done that before? I really will appreciate your generous help! Thank you!

Regards,

Carl