[Wrf-users] About compilation of wrf v2.2

Gopi Kandaswamy gopi at renci.org
Wed Jan 3 09:30:07 MST 2007

I was able to compile wrf 2.2 on Blue Gene without any problems. But I
did notice that with optimization level O3 using blrts_xlf90 compiler on
Blue Gene, some programs (mainly mediation_force_domain) would fail to
compile. The failure occurred after several hours during
inter-procedural analysis. Reducing optimization level to 02 (which is
the default for wrf 2.2 on Blue Gene) solved the problem. It might be
worth trying to reduce the optimization level.

--Gopi