[Wrf-users] Help regarding using WRF with ECMWF data

Ujjwal Narayan unarayan at MIT.EDU
Thu Oct 12 14:16:02 MDT 2006

Hello,

I am trying to run WRF using ECMWF data, data source -
(http://data.ecmwf.int/data/d/era40_daily/).
I am getting the following errors while running hinterp.exe. I have attached the
log from hinterp at the end of this email. Also following the suggestions in
WRFSI known problems page
(http://www.mmm.ucar.edu/wrf/users/wrfsi/si-known-prob.html) i updated the
program module_hinterp_gribprep.F  and recompiled the wrfsi.

hinterp is giving two main errors
(i) No valid landmask found!
(ii) Apparent non-isobaric level found:    200.
For fiel
However, we already had non-isobaric levels.
We cannot mix and match levels during one
time period.

i would really appreciate any help in resolving these errors

Ujjwal.

Log ---------------------------------------------------------------------->
Trying to open file: /home/ujjwal/wrfsi/domains/rondonia/static/wrfsi.nl

Successfully read the project and filetimespec namelists
 LSM and INIT roots are the same
HINTERP processing WRF Model Simulation
for WRF User
HINTERP: Processing WRF Domain:  1
WRF Lat1 =     -15.80 WRF lon1 =     -65.03
WRF Delta-x =   28000.00 WRF Delta-y =   28000.00
WRF Standard Lon =    -52.880
WRF Standard Lats =     -5.760     0.000
 Nest info:  parent_id         =             1
             parent_grid_ratio =             1
             i_parent_start    =             1
             j_parent_start    =             1
             i_parent_end      =           100
             j_parent_end      =            80
             nest dims         =           100          80
MOAD CENTER LAT/LON =   -5.9981  -52.4977
 in here latc,lonc:   -5.998145      -52.49765
 Populating domain metadata for domain:            1
landmask inq_varid status and vid =    0  14

Processing time:        2002-02-01_12:00:00
Trying to OPEN init file: ./E40:2002-02-01_12
Successfully OPENed file: ./E40:2002-02-01_12
No valid landmask found!
Initializing new projection for this input field.
COMPARE_PROJECTIONS: Different projection type.
 Min/Max XLOC (SRC) =    118.9890       129.0110
 Min/Max YLOC (SRC) =    35.40702       43.32136
Apparent non-isobaric level found:    200.
For fiel
However, we already had non-isobaric levels.
We cannot mix and match levels during one
time period.
Apparent non-isobaric level found:    200.
For fiel
However, we already had non-isobaric levels.
We cannot mix and match levels during one
time period.
Apparent non-isobaric level found:    200.
For fiel
However, we already had non-isobaric levels.
We cannot mix and match levels during one
time period.
Apparent non-isobaric level found:    200.
For fiel
RH
However, we already had non-isobaric levels.
We cannot mix and match levels during one
time period.
Apparent non-isobaric level found:    100.
For fiel
However, we already had non-isobaric levels.
We cannot mix and match levels during one
time period.
Apparent non-isobaric level found:    100.
For fiel
However, we already had non-isobaric levels.
We cannot mix and match levels during one
time period.
Apparent non-isobaric level found:    100.
For fiel
However, we already had non-isobaric levels.
We cannot mix and match levels during one
time period.
Apparent non-isobaric level found:    100.
For fiel
RH
However, we already had non-isobaric levels.
We cannot mix and match levels during one
time period.
Found EOF in FIRST GUESS file, exit READ loop.
CLOSE file: ./E40:2002-02-01_12

Found    4 3d arrays and    0 2d arrays for this time.

--
Department of Civil & Environmental Engineering
Ralph M. Parsons Laboratory, 48-213

"Bhai bola dikhta hai, to dikhta hai" - Circuit