[Wrf-users] Getting observations into little_r format for WRF-VAR

Don Morton Don.Morton at umontana.edu
Mon Oct 9 19:21:38 MDT 2006

Hi, I've gone through the WRF-VAR tutorial and
would like to try experimenting with my own observations
(surface, for now) and data.

I'm not real clear on how to get my observations into
the required format.  It appears that it needs to be in
the "little_r" format, and I've found a couple of references
on the web that leave me more confused than anything,
though I think if I spent a lot of time on it I might be able
to "get it."  In the meantime, I wonder if there's a
straightforward reference available somewhere that
might help me get my observations into the required format
needed for ingest by 3DVAR_OBSPROC.

Thanks for any help,

Don
--