[Wrf-users] WRFSI and coastline

Ravan Ahmadov rahmadov at bgc-jena.mpg.de
Thu Aug 31 03:54:37 MDT 2006

Dear WRF users,

I also checked WRFSI land-use and land water index data. I attached a
figure made by Matlab where high accurate coastline data was projected
on land-use data (WRF domain resolution is 6 km). One can see a slight
shift towards south-west. I think it's difficult to say what is the
reason of such inaccuracy - projection error, or some bug in the code.
Actually the accurate representation of coastline is very important for
us as well because we compare model data against aircraft flights data
that obtained in some cases by flights along coastline.
Any ideas?

--
Yours sincerely,
Dr. Ravan Ahmadov

Postdoc at Max-Planck-Institute for Biogeochemistry

Mailing Address:
P.O.Box 100164, 07701 Jena, Germany

Phone:    +49 3641 576361
Fax:      +49 3641 577300