[Wrf-users] 3dvar and mercator map projection

Irene Gallai irene.gallai at osmer.fvg.it
Wed Jul 26 05:18:08 MDT 2006

Hi all,

have anyone encountered some trouble with the 3DVAR_OBSPROC_v2.1 with
mercator map projection?
I'm having some problems concerning the domain definition; in
particular  all the stations with latitude less than PHIC  ( should'nt
this be the center latitude of my domain?)
are removed as 'out of the domain observation' and, when plotting the
observations distribution, the domain didn't correspond exactly  to my
domain.

any hint or suggestion?
thanks  in advance
Irene Gallai
--
  Irene Gallai

  Osservatorio Meteorologico Regionale dell ARPA FVG
   Via Oberdan 18/A
   I-33040 Visco (UD) ITALY
   tel +39 0432 934158
   e-mail : irene.gallai at osmer.fvg.it