[Wrf-users] WRF and latent heat fluxes

Ravan Ahmadov rahmadov at bgc-jena.mpg.de
Sat Jul 22 04:19:07 MDT 2006

Dear WRF users,

My simulations with WRF by using ECMWF soil moisture for initialization
show that WRF strongly (2-4 times) overestimates Latent Heat fluxes over
some vegetation areas in Europe. At the same time LH fluxes from ECMWF
haven't such bias compared to the observation data. I used thermal
diffusion scheme, NOAH LSM and in both cases there's a strong
overestimation of LH. Who did such comparision for LH fluxes? Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.
--
Yours sincerely,
Dr. Ravan Ahmadov

Postdoc at Max-Planck-Institute for Biogeochemistry

Mailing Address:
P.O.Box 100164, 07701 Jena, Germany

Phone:    +49 3641 576361
Fax:      +49 3641 577300