[Wrf-users] failure during wrfprep.pl

José Augusto paixão Veiga veiga at cptec.inpe.br
Mon Jul 3 11:50:47 MDT 2006

Hello all,
someone from you knows how to solve the folowing problem?
I want to run WRF model with data from CPTEC global model. To do that
user guide suggest the construction of a new Vtable and include it in
grib_prep.nl. Then, I did it.

Surface data like Skin Temperature and Surface Pressure are
included in this new Vtable, something that is required for the
correct use of WRF. However, for the last step, (Interpolating meteorological
data), the wrfprep.pl failured. Its final message says:

sh: line 1: 30585 Segmentation fault
/home2/pveiga/MODELS/wrfsi/bin/hinterp.exe
>/home2/pveiga/MODELS/wrfsi/domains/cptec/log/2006062206.hinterp 2>&1
ls:
/home2/pveiga/MODELS/wrfsi/domains/cptec/siprd/hinterp.d??.2006-06-23_06:00:00:
No such file or directory
Died at /home2/pveiga/MODELS/wrfsi/etc/wrfprep.pl line 947.

Someone who has faced a problem like this, please, show me a way.
Any hints related to that will be very welcome.
thanks in advance

José Augusto

--
                  José Augusto Paixão Veiga
   Centro de Previsão de Tempo e Estudos Climáticos (CPTEC)