[Wrf-users] MCIP not finding variable UST

Thomas Nehrkorn tnehrkor at aer.com
Fri Jun 2 13:34:43 MDT 2006

Andy,

there is a UST variable in WRF, which is the friction velocity.  It
should be part of the normal history file output (unless the relevant
line 612 from the Registry.EM has been changed from its value in the
2.1.1 distribution - the "h" indicates it is to be written to the
history file):

state    real  UST              ij      misc        1         -      rh
        "UST"                   "U* IN SIMILARITY THEORY"
        "m s-1"

Hope this helps.

Thomas Nehrkorn

(e-mail : tnehrkor at aer.com
  US-Mail: AER, Inc., 131 Hartwell Avenue, Lexington, MA 02421-3126
  Teleph.: (781)-761-2288 Ext. 276   FAX: (781)-761-2299
)