[Wrf-users] WRF crashing: K-F

Andy Holland andy_holland at unc.edu
Wed May 24 07:44:24 MDT 2006

I'm running WRF-ARW for the first two days in July 2002.  I'm using FNL
data.  WRF-SI runs through fine as does real.exe.  When I run wrf.exe,
it goes through the first half of the first day and then I get this
error in rsl.out.0000 and rsl.error.0000:

Timing for main: time 2002-07-01_13:27:00 on domain   2:   53.83400
elapsed seconds.
Timing for main: time 2002-07-01_13:27:00 on domain   1:   83.97100
elapsed seconds.
 -------------- FATAL CALLED ---------------
 FATAL CALLED FROM FILE:  module_cu_kfeta.b  LINE:    2052
 KAIN-FRITSCH, istop=1, diags
[0] MPI Abort by user Aborting program !
[0] Aborting program!

I have also run with Eta input data and got the same error.  I have
tried all other options of cloud physics and got some different errors,
but it still won't get past this point.  A fort.98 file is output after
the crash that contains several "OUT OF BOUNDS" messages in it.  Does
anyone know what is happening?

Thank you,
Andy Holland

--