[Wrf-users] 3-D Semi-Idealized WRF run

neutrino at zianet.com neutrino at zianet.com
Sun May 14 22:37:20 MDT 2006

I am trying to do a semi-idealized WRF run. I have real
3-D (201x201) terrain that I read in module_initialize_quarter_ss.F
I have confirmed that the terrain is successfully read.
I also have a sounding converted to the WRF input_sounding
format. I have confirmed that the read in condition corresponds
to what I want. Unfortunately, WRF doesn't seem to do much
with this situation. The surface winds are 0 at all output times,
but should not be so. So far, I am only doing a 3 hour simulation, but
that should be long enough for the scale of terrain I am using to produce
quite interesting results.

Of note is that the lowest terrain
height in my 201x201 model domain is 1060 m and that I have provided
a surface condition for 1060 m in the input_sounding I am
using.  Thanks,

                                    Patrick Haines