[Wrf-users] WRF runtime problem

Luiz carlosfilho at abaixodezero.com
Tue Apr 4 19:47:44 MDT 2006

Hi everybody,

I'm trying to install the WRF model in a small Linux cluster (3 nodes).
All the compilation steps went Ok. WRFSI and real.exe work fine, but
when I type the command "mpirun -np 3 wrf.exe", the model runs for a
while and stops without any error message.  I've tried to format and
reinstall everything, but I still get those errors.  Does anybody have
an idea about what is causing this problem?

Some information about the 3 nodes;
- OS: Debian Linux, kernel 2.6.8-1-386 (GCC 3.3.4)
- Intel Fortran Compiler (version 9.0)
- NETCDF 3.6.0-p1
- MPICH 1.2.7-p1
- WRF 2.1.2 (ARW)

That's what I get at the very bottom of the rsl.out.0000 file:
======

 WRF V2.1.1
MODEL

 DYNAMICS OPTION: Eulerian Mass Coordinate
 med_initialdata_input: calling input_model_input
 INPUT LANDUSE = USGS
 LANDUSE TYPE = USGS FOUND          24  CATEGORIES           2  SEASONS
  WATER CATEGORY =           16  SNOW CATEGORY =           24
 INITIALIZE THREE Noah LSM RELATED TABLES
  INPUT LANDUSE =
USGS

  LANDUSE TYPE = USGS FOUND          27
CATEGORIES

  INPUT SOIL TEXTURE CLASSIFICAION =
STAS

  SOIL TEXTURE CLASSIFICATION = STAS FOUND          19
CATEGORIES

  STEPRA,STEPCU,STEPBL           8           4
1

Timing for Writing wrfout_d01_2006-04-02_00:00:00 for domain
1:    5.21220 elapsed seconds.
Timing for processing lateral boundary for domain        1:    1.05400
elapsed seconds.
 WRF NUMBER OF TILES =
1

======