[Wrf-users] Instability

Sam Drinkard sam at wa4phy.net
Mon Nov 28 11:25:22 MST 2005

List,

    I've been encountering terrible stability with real data runs for
about the last 5 days.  The model is such: WRF V. 2.1, with two domains,
36 & 12km, timesteps of 150 and now, down to 10 on the inner, which had
been running perfectly at 30 secs.  33 levels, phys opts=3, PBL Opt =1,
WE = 100, SN =90.  Nothing has really changed in the setup except the
input data, but it seems that this instabilty started last week when we
had a rather strong system move through here.  I've tried a few
modifications here and there but nothing seems to keep the inner domain
from throwing CFL's very shortly after starting the run (on average,
only seeing maybe 5 hours out of a 48 hour simulation)  Any suggestions
that might help this brain tired feller get it back to a steady run ?

Thanks...

--
Snowman