[Wrf-users] WRF / NCL plot window issues

Tom Addis tomaddis at maths.unsw.edu.au
Wed Nov 23 12:44:27 MST 2005

  Hi,

I'm switching over from Grads to NCL for my wrf (real) output. All
going well except I can't work out how to zoom in on a sub-region of
my domain.

I've tried mpLimitMode = "Corners" and then setting a region with
mpLeftCornerLatF etc in the map resource but this only zooms the
background map - the data is still overlayed at its original scale. I
don't need to change the projection or anything, I'm just wanting the
data to follow the basemap.

On the data / plotting side of things, I'm using wrf_contour/
wrf_vector etc and then wrf_map_overlay. My script is based on the
wrf_real.ncl sample provided from the wrf website.

Do I need to go to the lower level NCL functions or am I missing
something? I'm happy to provide a sample of code if needed.

Thanks very much,

Tom