[Wrf-users] WRFSI and IFORT ?

Hara, Masayuki hara.masayuki at jamstec.go.jp
Tue Feb 8 18:49:20 MST 2005

Hi, Mahally, and Jonathan

We can also compile WRF with ifort v8.1 on 32-bit i686 redhat linux
machines.
 From WRF "v2.0.3.1" (not v2.0.3), it's easy to configure with ifort
(thanks to the WRF developers!)
and we get no errors.
But, I don't know that it depends on the ifort compiler version or OS
version.

My environment is
OS version: redhat v7.3
NetCDF version: 3.6.0 (CC=gcc, F90=ifort)

My configuring option was
    8.  Intel xeon i686 ia32 Xeon Linux, ifort compiler  (single
threaded, supports nesting using RSL without MPI)
, and I compiled and executed "em_b_wave" and "em_real".

On 2005/02/08, at 16:48, Mahally Kudsy wrote:

> I am compiling WRF version 2.3.1 from NCAR (not WRFSI). I am not sure
> if
> they are the same. in WRF root directory it is in external subdir. It
> should
> be io_grib1 (not grib_io1) which would make libio_grib1.a. I used
> ifort 8,
> may be I should upgrade it to 8.1, too. All were compiled except
> wrf.exe.

Hara, Masayuki (Research Assistant)

Frontier Research Center for Global Change,
Japan Agency for Marine-Earth Science and Technology

e-mail: hara.masayuki at jamstec.go.jp