[Wrf-users] Initialization of idealized run

Luksa Kraljevic kraljevic at cirus.dhz.hr
Thu Jan 20 05:40:22 MST 2005

Hi,
I haven't seen much traffic on this list but i hope someone will be able
to help me. I am planning to run wrf, as a part of my MS study, for an
idealized simulations of flow across/around idealized 3d orography, and
the effects of Coriolis force and effects of SST on the flow in the lee
side of the mountain. In order to do that i am planning to modify an
ideal initialization module from one of the ideal cases provided with
the model but i am unable to find details about initialization routines.
I am interested in following:
1. How to specify latitude of simulation (or Coriolis factor)?
2. How to specify different surface types (land and water)?
3. How to specify SST?

Any help/advice is welcome.

Thanks,
Luksa

--
Luksa Kraljevic <kraljevic at cirus.dhz.hr>
Meteorological and Hidrological Service of Croatia