[tgcmgroup] Problems compiling TIE-GCM with GNU gfortran

Sean Elvidge s.elvidge at bham.ac.uk
Fri May 26 08:05:02 MDT 2017

Hi,

I exclusively use TIE-GCM with gfortran and always have this issue with the
Makefile. You can't comment all the lines out, you still need the second
line (just outside of the if statement). So replace

ifeq ($(F90),/usr/bin/gfortran)
   ESMF_F90COMPLIER = $(MPIF90)
   @echo "set ESMF_F90COMPILEr = $(ESMF_F90COMPILER)"
endif

with

ESMF_F90COMPLIER = $(MPIF90)

That works for me. If there are still issues after this then if the user
posts them on this mailing list I can investigate further.

Thanks,
Sean.

--
*Dr. Sean Elvidge, PhD  *
Postdoctoral Fellow, University of Birmingham

phone: +44 121 414 2747
mobile: +44 7711 220534
address: Gisbert Kapp Bldg, University of Birmingham, B15 2TT, UK.
site: seanelvidge.com