[Stoch] Weather and climate science at Dynamics Days Europe 2015 in Exeter, UK
F.Kwasniok at exeter.ac.uk
Wed Apr 8 19:18:34 MDT 2015
the 35th Dynamics Days Europe will be held from 6 to 10 September 2015
at the University of Exeter, UK. Further details are available at
Dynamics Days Europe (http://www.dynamicsdays.org/) is a major
international conference with a broad interdisciplinary focus on
nonlinear dynamics in mathematics, biology, chemistry, physics and
engineering. Presentations are organised in plenary sessions,
minisymposia, contributed sessions and posters.
This year, Dynamics Days Europe will have a particular focus on weather
and climate science with invited plenary talks as well as two
minisymposia in this area, reflecting the local flavour of this topic
within mathematics at the University of Exeter.
"Nonlinear and stochastic dynamics in weather and climate science"
Organiser: Frank Kwasniok
* Michael Ghil, ENS, Paris, France
* Frank Kwasniok, University of Exeter, UK
* Paul Williams, University of Reading, UK
* Laure Zanna, University of Oxford, UK
"Response, variability and transitions in geophysical systems"
Organisers: Valerio Lucarini and Anna von der Heydt
* Valerio Lucarini, University of Hamburg, Germany
* David Stainforth, London School of Economics, London, UK
* Stephane Vannitsem, Royal Meteorological Institute, Brussels, Belgium
* Anna von der Heydt, University of Utrecht, the Netherlands
Moreover, there will be invited minisymposia generally on extreme
events, nonlinear aspects of data assimilation and structural model error.
The call for contributed talks and posters is still open.
Dr Frank Kwasniok
Senior Lecturer in Applied Mathematics
College of Engineering, Mathematics and Physical Sciences
University of Exeter
North Park Road
Exeter EX4 4QF
E-mail: F.Kwasniok at exeter.ac.uk
More information about the Stoch