[Stoch] Stochastic Parametrisation

Tim Palmer Tim.Palmer at ecmwf.int
Wed Feb 22 04:34:39 MST 2012

Dear Colleagues

In case you are interested, the write up of my Royal Meteorological
Society Presidential Address, to appear in the Quarterly Journal, can be
downloaded from

http://www2.physics.ox.ac.uk/research/predictability-of-weather-and-climate/documents

In the paper I try to make the case for stochastic parametrisation in
both weather and climate models (or "simulators") and also discuss some
of the broader implications of this science to help meet the challenge
of providing society with reliable quantitative probabilistic
predictions of weather and climate across a range of timescales.

Comments are welcome.

Tim
--
Tim Palmer