[pyngl-talk] PyNio and PyNgl import problems

Kevin Hallock hallock at ucar.edu
Fri Jan 18 14:59:19 MST 2019

Hi Xingang,

I’m CC’ing pyngl-talk in case anyone else encounters this issue too.

There is currently a conflict between certain conda packages due to the conda-forge project migrating to a new compiler. (for more info, see: https://github.com/conda-forge/pynio-feedstock/issues/58 <https://github.com/conda-forge/pynio-feedstock/issues/58>)

A temporary workaround is to use “-c conda-forge/label/cf201901” in place of “-c conda-forge” in your conda commands to force the installation of older (pre-compiler-migration) packages.

Please try the following command and let me know if that works for you:
conda create -n metuse -c conda-forge/label/cf201901 python=2.7 spyder jupyter basemap netcdf4 pynio pyngl pygrib metpy wrf-python xarray Django scikit-learn statsmodels

I hope this helps,
Kevin