[pyngl-talk] installing PyNIO

Gerry Creager - NOAA Affiliate gerry.creager at noaa.gov
Tue Feb 19 07:52:15 MST 2019

This is a problem in libgdal and has been documented fairly well. I've got
to get to another machine to see which version I ended up using. Also, make
sure you're using the conda-forge channel so that things like gdal, libgdal
and basemap are sync'd up.

Gerry

On Mon, Feb 18, 2019 at 3:02 AM 张盼峰 via pyngl-talk <pyngl-talk at ucar.edu>
wrote:

> Hello,
> I have encountered a problem when import pynio, the error messeage was
> following:
>
> zpf at zhangpf:~$ source activate pyn_env
> (pyn_env) zpf at zhangpf:~$ python
> Python 3.6.7 | packaged by conda-forge | (default, Nov 21 2018, 03:09:43)
> [GCC 7.3.0] on linux
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "<stdin>", line 1, in <module>
>   File
> "/home/zpf/miniconda2/envs/pyn_env/lib/python3.6/site-packages/PyNIO/Nio.py",
> line 83, in <module>
>     from _nio import *
> ImportError:
> /home/zpf/miniconda2/envs/pyn_env/lib/python3.6/site-packages/PyNIO/../../../libgdal.so.20:
> undefined symbol: _ZN6libdap3DDSC1EPNS_15BaseTypeFactoryERKSs
> >>>

> How to solve this problem?
> Thank you everyone!

Gerry Creager
NSSL/CIMMS