[pyngl-talk] double x-axis labels in Ngl.xy

Fearon, Dr. Matthew, Contractor, Code 7533 matthew.fearon.ctr at nrlmry.navy.mil
Wed Sep 5 14:46:30 MDT 2018

Hi,

I am trying to produce lat/long labels along the x-axis in an XY plot in a manner consistent with the third/lower panel in the following plot:

https://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Applications/Images/calipso_2_2_lg.png

In NCL, I was able to embed a carriage return in a string format sequence as follows:

tmXBLabels  = sprintf("%.1f",xlabel_lat)+"~C~"+sprintf("%.1f",xlabel_lon)

I'm not sure if there is an equivalent in PyNGL or Python for adding labels this way in Ngl.xy? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,
Matt