[pyngl-talk] PyNGL skewT default background color

Bill Ladwig ladwig at ucar.edu
Thu May 3 15:35:53 MDT 2018

Hi Matt,

Unfortunately there isn't a resource for this, but if you're willing to
modify your copy of PyNGL, you can manually change the color pretty easily.
In your site-packages directory for your Python distribution, you should
see a PyNGL directory. Under that, there is Ngl.py. Around line 6054, in
the skewt_bkg function, you'll see this:

if (localOpts.sktDrawColAreaFill):

>     color1 = "PaleGreen2"            # "LightGreen"
>
>     color2 = "Background"            # "Azure"

Change "PaleGreen2" for color1 to a color of your liking.

Hope this helps,

Bill