[pyngl-talk] A problem on installing PyNIO

Kevin Hallock hallock at ucar.edu
Fri Dec 1 17:40:45 MST 2017

Hi Zhengyu,

There are still some compatibility issues with dependency packages when using the command “conda create -n pynio_pyngl -c conda-forge pynio pyngl” to install PyNIO and PyNGL.

However, we’ve found a workaround that should allow you to install and run both PyNIO and PyNGL:
conda create -n pynio_pyngl -c conda-forge pynio pyngl poppler=0.52 xerces-c=3.1

Hopefully being this verbose will not be necessary in the future, but unfortunately this is the simplest solution available for installing PyNIO/PyNGL using conda at this time.

Please let us know if you encounter any further unexpected behavior.

Thanks,
Kevin