[pyngl-talk] Updates for using Pyngl

Mary Haley haley at ucar.edu
Wed Oct 26 11:17:14 MDT 2016

Hi Xiaoni,

The image looks to me like the land is getting filled in and covering up
the filled contours underneath the map.

Please try setting:

res.mpLandFillColor = "transparent"
res.mpInlandWaterFillColor = "transparent"

I've updated the geodesic example at so you can see the structure of the
"cx" and "cy" grid:

http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Applications/geodesic.shtml

Click on the second image of the first example:

http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Applications/geodesic.shtml

Does your ISCCP NetCDF file have any variables on it that look like they
might define grid corners or some kind of cell bounds?

If you can provide us with a copy of your file, or else the output from the
following command,

ncl_filedump *yourfile*.nc

then we can have a look to see if there's anything that might help.

"yourfile.nc" needs to be replaced with the name of your NetCDF file.

---Mary