[pyngl-talk] Updates for using Pyngl

Mary Haley haley at ucar.edu
Mon Oct 24 11:31:42 MDT 2016

Xiaoni,

I think the issue is that you are using "resources" to set wsMaximizeSize,
and then you also pass this list into the contour_map call. You don't want
to do this, so I suggest using a different resource list to set
wsMaximizeSize:

wresources = Ngl.Resources()
wresources.wsMaximumSize = 33554432
Ngl.set_values(ws_id,wresources)

Since you have a large grid, I recommend setting res.cnFillMode =
"RasterFill" if you haven't already. This may fix the warning as well.

You can then use "resources" for setting your contour plot options.

Also, I don't think you need to do all that stuff with calling get_float to
retrieve a bunch of values and creating the contours twice.

See the modified version of your script attached.  It looks like you just
sent me a partial script, so what I've modified is just an example of how
you can change your original script.

--Mary